We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Journalist to join our Communications and Publications Team on a permanent/part-time contract in India.
This is a key role within the Communications and Publications Team and its primary focus is to support the delivery of Safety Management India ensuring content is insightful, relevant and interesting helping to drive subscriptions to the magazine both in India and the UK. This role will also produce content to help promote the British Safety Council’s campaigning activity both in India and the UK.
This is a very exciting time to join the British Safety Council as we look to review our publications offer to ensure that members and readers get added value from Safety Management magazine, which in turn is seen as a best in class industry publication.
The role will involve researching and writing content and arranging and conducting interviews that can be turned into feature articles in the magazine. It will also involve promoting articles and features on social media to raise the profile of the British Safety Council and its work, including how it fulfils its charitable purpose.
The successful Journalist will have;
- Proven work experience as a journalist and portfolio of published articles
- The ability to research and write accurate and factual stories to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- The ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language
- The ability to build and sustain good client and media relationships
- A keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people
- Good time-management and organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written English, speaking and networking skills
- Have the ability to work collaboratively
- The ability to balance competing priorities and work rapidly and flexibly
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about making a true difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of millions of workers in India, especially in this challenging time.
What you need to do next?
We welcome applications from people with all backgrounds who share our values and are passionate about the health, safety and wellbeing of workers.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'Apply' to read a more detailed job description. You will then be able to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for this role.
Basic Salary: 348,000 rupees per annum
Job Types: Permanent/part-time
Location – India with remote working
- Group medical insurance cover