High-risk Operations Safety Audit, our latest offering, is one of these initiatives. It is an in-depth audit of situations that could potentially cause serious injuries and harm to people and property and assists organisations to focus on these activities. The audit actively looks at high-risk activities such as working at height, confined space entry, lifting operations, ground excavation, electrical safety, fire safety management, contractor safety and specific areas like molten metal. In addition, leadership commitment and accountability, risk assessment and management and permit to work are also reviewed in detail. There is a good level of interaction with client staff, site rounds and review of documentation.
What is it?
It is an in-depth audit of situations or high-risk activities that could potentially cause serious injury and harm to people and property and assists you to focus on these activities.
The audit is a deep dive into the controls of hazardous activities and the effectiveness of existing safety initiatives related to the prevention of serious injuries. The audit is a quantified, customised approach, that benchmarks the organisation’s current level of safety performance concerning the high-risk activities, against global best practice. A suitable and customised approach is then created in an audit report form, that meets the organisation's requirements. The findings from the audit will give the organisation visibility of where they stand in terms of high-risk activities, identifying opportunities for improvement. This is then followed by consultancy that will help strengthen the areas that require attention through recommendations, knowledge sharing and training.
High-risk activities include
- Working at heights
- Confined space entry
- Lifting operations
- Ground excavation
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety management
- Contractor safety
- Specific areas like molten metal.
- Builds confidence in the safety system and its ability to prevent injuries and fatalities
- Helps the organisation understand high-risk areas of work and the situations that could cause serious harm and the control that need to be taken
- Focus on areas of high-risk rather than looking at all activities in an equal manner
- Builds a happy, confident and safe work environment for all.
Why choose the British Safety Council?
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
Next steps - Request a call-back for more information
You might also be interested in
Our combined audit allows organisations to gain the benefits of both the consultative Five Star Occupational Health and Safety Management Audit and certification to the international standard ISO 45001.
A comprehensive and holistic review of an organisation’s wellbeing management protocols and associated arrangements
Provides a quantified outcome with detailed recommendations against a contemporary best practice specification (including the requirements of ISO 45001) over and above current OHSMS standard requirements. Allows benchmarking of multi sites across business.