Entry Level Award in Workplace Hazard Awareness
This qualification, aimed at 14-19 year olds, aims to raise awareness of important health and safety issues. The qualification is delivered by schools across the country as part of preparation for work experience or to support vocational courses.
The qualification enables learners to:
- Identify hazards in the workplace
- Understand how hazards in the workplace may cause harm
- Identify ways in which employers can keep people healthy and safe at work
- Identify ways in which employees can keep themselves and others healthy and safe at work
- Identify basic safety signs and their meanings
- Outline the main types of personal protective equipment and the protection they provide
- Identify the benefits of good health and safety at work
- Identify the consequences of poor health and safety at work.
Level 1 Award in Health and Safety at Work
A nationally-recognised qualification aimed at all employees. The qualification provides candidates with a basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, including the duties of employers and employees under UK health and safety legislation.
The qualification pre-supposes no former knowledge on the part of those who aim to attain it. Candidates will come from diverse educational and employment backgrounds and will include school pupils preparing for work experience and employees across all sectors.