Study IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
The IEMA Foundation Certificate will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to contribute to environmental and sustainability management in your organisation.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, you can apply for Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). You may then choose to progress to the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management which leads to Practitioner status.
Our most recent assessment results (March 2017) show an impressive 100% pass rate.
Select how you want to study
On quote (excl.GST)Request a call back
Who this course is for
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is for those starting a career in environmental management. The focus on management tools and techniques equips learners with the practical skills required by employers boosting their career prospects.
Upon completion of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations,products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis and evaluate information
- Research and plan ways in which to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and record feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
The 1-hour open-book multiple choice examination is undertaken online (at home or in the workplace) within 28 days of the end of the course.
Why study with the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
Study skills and examination technique are embedded throughout
Pass rates are consistently above the national average
“I have been a firm believer in the British Safety Council since the late 1980s; it established a range of training that has always been practical and proportional, not just theoretical. That works for events, frankly, that works for everyone!”
Contact us for more information
If you would like more information regarding IEMA Foundation Certificate, and ways to study, please contact us below, or request to be called back by one of our account managers.