Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH introduces learners to the risks associated with hazardous substances and the controls available.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Employers and employees duties relating to hazardous substances
- The consequences for non-compliance with statutory duties
- Ways in which information about hazard substances is communicated
- Definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ with respect to hazardous substances
- The different forms that hazardous substances can take
- How hazardous substances can cause harm
- The routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body
- How risk assessments can be used to reduce accidents and ill-health
- The COSHH risk assessment process
- The risk control hierarchy for substances hazardous to health
- The information that should be referred to in respect to COSHH
- Procedures for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
The course concludes with a 30-question multiple-choice examination (45 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 20 out of 30.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
We hope that you enjoy the course and we wish you the best of luck with the examination. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.