Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling introduces learners to the risks associated with manual handling and the controls available. The qualification covers the following topics:
- How manual handling can cause harm
- Duties of employers and employees in relation to manual handling
- The consequences for non-compliance with requirements
- The terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling
- The process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- The principle of the risk control hierarchy in relation to manual handling
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Equipment designed to be used for manual handling
- Requirements for testing, servicing and examination of equipment
The course concludes with a 30-question multiple-choice examination (45 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 20 out of 30.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
We hope that you enjoy the course and we wish you the best of luck with the examination. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.