Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am and register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm.
Please note: Timings may be changed at the discretion of the course tutor.
The Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment introduces the basic principles of risk assessment. The qualification covers the following topics:
- The main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill-health
- The reasons for preventing accidents and ill-health at work
- The role of risk assessment in accident and ill-health prevention
- The legal requirements for risk assessment
- Key terms associated with risk assessment
- The process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Factors affecting the level of risk from workplace hazards
- Methods that can be used to prioritise risks
- Providing information about and recording risk assessments
The course concludes with a 30-question multiple-choice examination (45 minutes).
The examination will either be delivered on-screen (via PCs) or paper-based.
Candidate answers are marked by the British Safety Council.
Results and certificates are issued within two working days.
The pass mark is 20 out of 30.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate confirming the achievement of a Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment.
This is a nationally-recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
We hope that you enjoy the course and we wish you the best of luck with the examination. If you have any queries or feedback please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.