Please organise your travel to arrive at the course venue by 8.45am to register your attendance.
The course will start promptly at 9.00am and is scheduled to finish at 5.00pm each day.
Upon completion of this course learners should be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
Assessment is via a 1-hour open-book multiple-choice examination which must be taken within 28 days of the end of the course. The assessment is taken online at a time and a place of your choosing within a one month window starting from the first of each month. Bookings for an examination window must be made at least two weeks prior to the opening date.
You will receive log-in details for the online assessment directly from IEMA. Further information will be provided during the course.
Language of assessment
The qualification is assessed in English only. Assessments will be presented in English and candidates must respond in English.
Candidates for whom English is a second language are advised that their reading and writing skills should be equivalent to at least Level 6 of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test for Non-Native Speakers of English. Candidates may obtain information on this language testing service from the IELTS website (www.ielts.org).
Candidates for whom English is a second language may apply for a Reasonable Adjustment (see below)
Where necessary, IEMA endeavours to make reasonable adjustments for candidates with particular requirements to enable them to have access to fair assessment and to demonstrate achievement. Candidates may require reasonable adjustments for a number of reasons including a permanent (long term) or temporary disability or medical condition; communication or interaction needs; or where English is a second language.
Reasonable adjustments are made to ensure that candidates receive recognition of their achievement without compromising the equity, validity and reliability of the assessment. They are not concessions to make assessment easier for candidates, nor advantages to give candidates a head start.
The Reasonable Adjustments Policy and Application Form can be downloaded from IEMA’s website. Candidates requiring reasonable adjustments for their assessment must submit a Reasonable Adjustment Application Form at the earliest possible opportunity and no later than 15 working days (three weeks) prior to the examination date, except in exceptional circumstances, e.g. injury in the days leading up to the examination.
IEMA membership and assessment fees
Successful candidates are eligible for Associate membership of IEMA. Membership and assessment fees are included in the British Safety Council course fees.
Registration forms for the assessment and membership are completed during the course.
Results and qualification
Candidates must pass the examination in order to achieve the qualification. Candidates who are unsuccessful at the first attempt can re-sit, subject to payment of the assessment fee. Up to one re-sit can be booked through the British Safety Council.
Examination results are issued to candidates directly by IEMA approximately six weeks after the examination.
We wish you success with the qualification. If you have any queries or feedback, please feel free to speak with your course tutor or contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.