You are about to embark on a challenging programme of study, but one which should enhance your knowledge and understanding of fire safety and risk management as well as your professional status.
The British Safety Council will:
- Provide a classroom environment which is conducive to learning
- Use suitably-qualified and experienced tutors to deliver the classroom teaching
- Cover all the syllabus learning outcomes
- Provide or direct you to all the information you need to pass the qualification
- Provide you with expert advice on revision and examination technique
- Respond in a timely manner to any queries
- Be diligent and courteous at all times
- Attend all scheduled classroom sessions*
- Contribute to classroom activities in a positive manner
- Endeavour to be active, rather than passive in terms of learning
- Complete at least 50 hours of revision
- Pay particular attention to advice regarding revision and examination technique
- Bring any learning difficulties to our attention at the earliest opportunity
- Prior to you beginning your programme of study please familiarise yourself with the NEBOSH General Student Terms and Conditions which can be found here
*If you are unable to attend a session, it is your responsibility to read the relevant chapters in the textbook
The qualification comprises three units:
|1||NGC1||Management of health and safety|
|2||FC1||Fire safety and risk management|
|3||FC2||Practical fire risk assessment|
NGC1 and FC1 are assessed via 2-hour written examinations. The practical fire risk assessment (FC2) is completed in your workplace and must be submitted within 5 working days of the written examinations.
This is a Level 3 qualification which is equivalent to an A-Level. The amount of study should not be underestimated and you should make sure that your diary is as clear as possible. You are advised to negotiate some ‘breathing space’ with your employer in which to undertake your revision and complete the practical fire risk assessment.
On the first day, please arrive at the venue by 8.45am to register your attendance. The course will start promptly at 9.00am and finish between 4.30 - 5.00pm each day.
Learner Resource Area
The Learner Resource Area contains important information in relation to your course and assessments. We recommend that you access the Learner Resource Area now and read the information carefully.
There may be some pre-course work to do. If you have studied with us before and have an online account, please log in via www.britsafe.org. If you do not have an account, you will receive a separate email within 24 hours containing your log in details and instructions on how to access the Learner Resource Area.
If you do not receive this email, please contact us as detailed below.
The syllabus can be downloaded from the nebosh website here.
At the start of the course you will be issued with a textbook.
Assessment registration and fees
Assessments are booked and paid for via your British Safety Council Account Manager. If you wish to amend an assessment booking, please contact your Account Manager on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Examination transfers are subject to availability and may incur additional fees.
There will be a feedback form to complete at the end of the course.
As well as providing feedback to the British Safety Council, you are able to provide feedback directly to NEBOSH at email@example.com and to their regulator, the Scottish Qualifications Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries prior to your course, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.