What is it?
An in depth and quantified assessment of an organisation’s entire process safety management system and associated arrangements.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within safety critical sectors (of any size) who;
a) Require a status assessment of their current process safety management system against best practice
b) Require a structured route toward best practice status
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- External recognition of process safety management systems to best practice standards
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health and process safety responsibility
- Structured route toward continual improvement and best practice.
Must have a process safety management system.
The audit at a glance
- Five best practice indicators
- Five sections
- Sixty-five (65) elements
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders (including top management)
- Operational sampling
What will your organisation receive from the audit
- Detailed report
- Detailed recommendations and action planning
- Quantified outcome in all 65 elements
- Benchmarking across different aspects of the specification
- Eligibility for sword of honour (if five star achievers)
- Certification of achievement
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
Eligibility for 'Best of the best' Awards
Achieving a five-star rating gives you the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour award and be recognised as the ‘best of the best’.
What to do next
You might also be interested in
The Five Star Environmental Sustainability Audit aims to support and improve the environmental sustainability performance of your business by examining your policies, processes and practices and recommending improvements.
The most comprehensive, contemporary, quantified audit process available, which allows you to test your health and safety performance against the latest legislation, recognised standards and best practice techniques.
The Five Star Wellbeing Audit is an independent, comprehensive and holistic review of an organisation’s wellbeing management protocols and associated arrangements against current best practice technique within the wellbeing field.