What is it?
Best practice, quantified, in depth examination of an organisation’s entire integrated safety, health and environmental management system and associated arrangements.
The audit goes far beyond the requirements of established standards such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 by assessing safety, health and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) against current best practice techniques and current trends.
The audit will help you demonstrate the excellence of your integrated SHE management system to customers, supply chain and other stakeholders and will support continual improvement strategies.
We have now launched our 2019 specification. Want to know more about the changes? Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars:
Who is it for?
This audit is designed for any organisation that has implemented, or is working towards a fully integrated safety, health and environmental management system.
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who:
a) require a status assessment of their current IMS against best practice
b) require a structured route toward best practice status.
The audit is best suited to organisations that require a detailed and objective evaluation of their SHE system in one comprehensive process. The audit measures performance against key performance indicators (leadership and continual improvement), identifies areas of positive/negative practice and provides a structured approach to continuous improvement.
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- External recognition of EMS to best practice standards.
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Structured route toward continual improvement and best practice standards
Next stepsEnquire now
Must have an integrated management system (SHE).
What are the key areas of the audit?
- Six best practice indicators
- Four sections
- Sixty (60) elements
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders (including top management)
- Operational sampling
What your organisation will get from the audit
- Detailed report
- Detailed recommendations and action planning
- Quantified outcome in all 65 elements
- Benchmarking across different aspects of the specification
- Eligibility for sword and globe of honour (if five star achievers)
- Certification of achievement
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
What to do nextEnquire now
Eligibility for 'Best of the best' Awards
Achieving a five star rating gives you the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour award and be recognised as the ‘best of the best’.